Applying to Medical School
The program approaches application to medical school in a structured, step-by-step manner throughout the program year.
- June: Orientation. Students meet their advisors, faculty, and administrative staff.
- July: Classes begin, including MCAT prep.
- August: Application to medical school workshops begin and continue throughout the year.
- September: Upper-division Biological Sciences courses begin, continue to June.
- January: Target date for students to take the MCAT.
- February: Begin work on medical school essays.
- May: Mock interviews, both in traditional and MMI formats are held along with Interview Skills Training workshops. Start AMCAS and AACOMAS applications
- June: Program recommendations written and submitted. Graduation is held. Students submit applications to medical schools.