Criteria for application include:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university that will be conferred by the start of the program.*
- A completed application submitted by the deadline of 11:59pm, January 24, 2017
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (documentation required)*
- Minimum science and non-science GPA of 2.8
- Undergraduate courses to include the following (courses may be in progress at the time of application, but entrance to the program is contingent on their successful completion):
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of general biology, with lab
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of general chemistry, with lab
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of organic chemistry, with lab
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of physics, with lab
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of English
The following undergraduate courses are strongly recommended:
- two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters of math (calculus, statistics, computer science or a combination of the three)
*International students with the appropriate visa may be considered for the program.
The Admissions Committee seeks highly qualified candidates based on the following criteria:
- Educational merit, as indicated in part by academic credentials and university/life experience.
- Extracurricular activities, including employment history, basic science or community-based research, and participation in health-related and other volunteer outreach activities.
- Dedication to the medical field and to a life of service.
- Dedication to and demonstration of the ideals of the profession of medicine.